Earth Hour

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I wonder how effective is the earth hour campaign. Environmentalist, correct me if I am wrong ^^

It is not continuous. Turn off the light for one hour, in global, the effect might be very good to our environment. In what sense? I really dunno, but I assume it does benefit our earth. The trick is, it is not continuous. After we turn off the light for one hour, we turn on the light for 6 hours when we sleep. So what makes the differences? Sometime, in the daytime, I still see the street lights are still on. So does this way really can save the world in long term? I wonder.

I care for environment in other ways. I do not take the plastic bag when I take away food whenever it is possible (for example, in hostel, the canteen just below the hostel. So when I take away the food, I do not ask for plastic bag.) I do not take the plastic fork and spoon whenever it is possible (I have my own metal spoon in my room).

I scolded my sister when she did not turn off the television when she no longer watch it. Well, I always mean to my sister.. Haha.. But I will not hurt them, do not worry ^^

When I feel wanna listen to songs before I sleep, I set the timer in my computer. I will automatically turn off in about 30 minutes or 1 hour.

These are some of my own ways to contributed a bit to the welfare of environment. Besides that, we can use energy saving light.

Try to practice some ways which are continuous.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Leaving by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP